HOW JOURNALING CAN HELP WITH ACHIEVING YOUR GOALSJun 25, 2021
How Journaling Can Help with Achieving Your Goals
Journaling can help you achieve your goals because it will force you to think about what you actually want to accomplish, consider the why and how, and delve deeper into the situation so that you can examine all sides of it. Read on to find out how journaling can help.
* It Forces You to Write Down Your Goals – When you start a journal, it basically is a way to force yourself to document your goals. Whether you write them down on paper or you use technology to get it all down doesn’t matter. Once they’re written, they are ready to tackle.
* It Makes You Consider Why and How – As you enter data into your journal, you’ll be forced to face the why and how of your goal. This is especially true if you write down a goal and focus on your progress within your journal.
* It Enables You to Examine the Opportunities and Threats – When you are focused on goal making with your journal, you’ll also explore opportunities and threats coming your way. It helps you avoid roadblocks in advance.
* It Makes You Develop Steps for Success Based on Your Goals – When you see it written down, you’ll want to notice and pull out any steps you’ve developed in your journal and put them in your calendar for scheduling.
* It Helps You Improve Goal Setting and Achievement – Each time you intentionally set goals, define steps to achieve the goals, and perform them, you are setting yourself up to improve your skills.
* It Provides Accountability – Even if no one else is reading your journal, a private journal can help you become accountable to yourself. If you develop the habit of looking at your journal each day and put something else in there each day, it will help you recognize patterns of what’s working for you and what’s not.
* It Provides a Permanent Record – Having a permanent record of the things you’ve done in your life, whether it’s personal or work, is a beautiful thing. Hardly anyone has a perfect memory, so you’ll maintain the lessons learned with the record to look back upon.
* It May Be Inspirational – Depending on the journal, you might even be able to take the information inside and compile it into a real book for others to read to inspire them. You might also take from it steps for your success for a project and turn it into a course to inspire someone else.
Journaling is an excellent way to work toward achieving all your goals. It can even help you make more meaningful goals because the process of entering wins and loses in your journal will push you to see them in a reflective way.